Defending Victims Of Truck And Motorcycle Accidents
The personal injury attorneys at Bowden Cyr, PLLC, have experience representing victims of truck and motorcycle accidents in mediation, arbitration, and litigation with insurance companies and at-fault parties. We are committed to helping our clients obtain maximum compensation for their damages.
Call our attorneys at 612-254-6409 for a free consultation or schedule a case evaluation online if you were involved in a truck or motorcycle accident.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, more than 500,000 truck accidents occur each year, and 13% of all traffic fatalities involve large trucks such as semis. In collisions with large trucks, car drivers and occupants are much more likely to be killed or injured than the truck driver. In fact, of the people killed or injured in truck accidents, more than 75% were car occupants. Causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Drug use, including prescription drug use and use of over-the-counter medications to stay awake for long periods of time
- Unfamiliarity with roads
- Failure to check blind spots properly
- Failure to use turn signals and improper lane changing
- Distracted driving
- Underestimating the level of action needed to evade an accident
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Cell phone use and texting
- Driving a truck that has been overloaded or not had proper maintenance
The trucking industry is highly regulated by state and federal transportation laws that cover truck weight limits, safety equipment requirements, and drivers’ hours requirements, among other safety precautions. Violations of these regulations can cause and contribute to accidents. Our personal injury lawyers know how to identify violations made by truck companies and drivers and increase the likelihood of maximum recoveries for our clients.
The Threat Of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes are some of the most serious auto accidents in Minnesota. Motorcycles do not offer very much physical protection for their riders. The drivers of cars, trucks and other vehicles sometimes do not watch carefully enough for riders. Aside from inattention, the other common reasons for motorcycle accidents include:
- Drivers violating a motorcycle’s right-of-way
- Drivers failing to yield
- Drivers using cell phones or other technology
- Defective safety equipment like helmets
- Defective or malfunctioning motorcycle equipment
- Dangerous conditions on the road
Once we determine how your accident occurred, we can begin preparing your case. The sooner we start gathering evidence to support your claim, the better chance we have of achieving the result you need and deserve.
Contact Our Reputable Lawyers To Discuss Your Case
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck or motorcycle accident, please call 612-254-6409 for a free initial consultation at our Woodbury office to discuss your options for recovery. You can also contact Bowden Cyr, PLLC, online. For personal injury cases, you owe no legal fees unless we obtain compensation on your behalf.