Protecting Your Access To No-Fault Benefits
In the state of Minnesota, insured drivers are required to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP), or no-fault insurance. This unique policy is able to assist you if you are injured in a car crash, even as a pedestrian, cyclist or passenger. If you carry auto insurance in the state of Minnesota, it will include PIP. Even if you do not carry insurance on your own vehicle, you may be entitled to receive no-fault benefits.
Call our office at 612-254-6409 to learn more about your right to no-fault benefits.
What Do No-Fault Benefits Include?
No matter who caused the motor vehicle accident, you may have no-fault benefits available to you. No-fault insurance coverage pays for medical treatment and wage loss that are reasonable, necessary and related to the car crash.
1. Medical benefits: $20,000 per person available to pay for the following, including, but is not limited to:
- Emergency room or urgent care
- Physical therapy
- Mileage and transportation costs or mileage to and from treatment
2. Wage loss, replacement/essential services and survivor’s death benefits: $20,000 per person available for:
- Wage loss: 85 percent of lost gross income up to $500 per week. Includes reimbursement for used vacation or sick pay as well as time lost to attend doctor visits and treatment.
- Replacement/essential services: Up to $200 per week for the value of household tasks that the primary homemaker can no longer complete. The nonprimary homemaker can also make a claim under this category but typically would need to have someone else perform the tasks in place of the injured person.
- Survivor’s death benefits: Up to $200 per week for lost wages and replacement services. $5,000 for funeral costs.
Individualized Advice, Tailored To Your Situation
State minimums are noted above. If you have elected stacking of your policies, you may have additional coverage available to you in the categories noted above. If you have more than one policy of auto insurance with the same company, the company must offer stacking. In these circumstances, it is important to seek out a no-fault benefits attorney with experience in a variety of motor vehicle accident cases. Call our office at 612-254-6409 to speak to a lawyer with a history of assisting clients with no-fault claims.
Contact Us To Discuss No-Fault Benefits
We understand the unique process involved in filing a no-fault insurance claim in Minnesota. Don’t take chances with your coverage by trying to handle the paperwork with the insurance company alone. Call our office near Woodbury at 612-254-6409 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. You may also schedule your evaluation online.